A great way to drive traffic to your site is to consistently blog on topics that relate to your business. It’s important to follow a few guidelines so that your post is not only SEO friendly, it’s also people friendly. These five tips will help you write a better blog post that looks well-formatted and eye-catching. Your posts will be easier to read and will also be naturally SEO friendly as well.
If you're looking to reach new audiences in 2018 to grow your business, evaluate current marketing trends that appeal to your customer demographics and design a measurable content marketing campaign to attract your target audience and convert them into fans and customers!
Facebook Live is a new tool to add to your content marketing strategy and a great way to interact directly with your audience. With a little planning and practice, your 1st Facebook Live broadcast can reach a whole new audience to spread your message and build your business!
What's right for your business? Blogging, content marketing and brand journalism are not mutually exclusive: in fact, they go hand-in-hand in a well-defined content strategy. Inbound marketing attracts your target audience to your website by sharing high-quality, useful information that they want to receive.
Content marketing and PR have the same goals and require the same skillset, but use different tools and techniques. Combining your content marketing campaign with your PR campaign is a smart strategy to achieve your organization's objectives while watching your bottom line.
Create useful content that delights and attracts your ideal customer; then use your content to convert your visitors into leads, and those leads into customers.
Effective content writing requires knowledge of basic SEO writing strategies and how to implement them so people and search engines can find your website and blog.
10 quick SEO tips that will help attract visitors to your nonprofit's website.
Facebook business pages are the most popular way for small businesses and nonprofits to promote their business online and build a following:
With more than 1.65 billion monthly active users, Facebook is a major player in the world of social networking.
Businesses looking to market using Facebook have one major tool at their disposal: the Facebook Page.
You can't just create a Facebook page and hope people will find it. Strategic content marketing on Facebook will help your page get found, Liked and shared so you can grow your business.
3 Ways to Boost Engagement on Facebook
1. Facebook Ads
Competition is increasing on Facebook: you want your page's posts to be seen by your Facebook fans and to be found by new audiences.
Pay to Play is the guideline for Facebook: if you want your posts to be seen and to find new followers, there are two primary ways to advertise on Facebook
There are different types of Facebook ad campaigns that can be used for different marketing goals. Your ads can target a custom audience demographic such as age range, a particular geographic location or specific interests. You can also target audiences that are copies of another Facebook page's audience, called a lookalike audience.
- There are 9 basic Facebook ad campaign types, including page Likes, website visits, special offers and video views.
- Facebook Power Editor provides more in-depth ad campaign management than the basic Create Ads tool.
- Facebook ads can also be scheduled to run on Instagram (which is owned by Facebook).
tip: You can advertise on Facebook for as little as $1 per day.
If you post on Facebook you can pay to have that post promoted to your followers or to people who are NOT your followers, and specify your target audience.
- You have the option to pay for impressions or engagements: so you can opt to only pay when someone clicks on your boosted post.
- Boosts are fast and easy: if your credit card is already in the system and you've saved your target audience it literally takes one minute to boost a post. Caution: its so easy to boost, make sure you're strategically boosting your posts.
- Boosts show as Sponsored Story in the newsfeed.
tip: Boosts bring traffic to that post. If there is a link in your post, a boost can also promote that link.
Post Planner has some great tips on how to advertise on Facebook.
Photos used to be the best way to attract an audience on Facebook, but that is rapidly switching to video.
Facebook has passed YouTube as the most popular website
for businesses to share videos.
How you use videos on Facebook depends on your business and your target audience. Different types of audiences respond to different types of video content:
- upload casual videos from your smart phone announcing your newest product, sharing important news or giving behind the scenes information on your business or cause
- use Facebook Live which offers live streaming video in your Facebook newsfeed: great for broadcasting live videos right from your smartphone; Facebook Live is great for Q&A, product demonstrations
- share videos from other sources that your followers and target audience will like: just be sure to link to or credit your source!
3. Switch Up Your Cover Photos
Your Facebook cover photo is a great opportunity to promote your business or cause. Make the most of the first impressions your visitors get when they go to your page.
Change your Facebook cover monthly. Using the same image for too long
is boring for people who visit your page.
~ Peg Fitzpatrick, Social Media Expert
Your followers get tired of seeing the same image every time they visit your Facebook page. Change your Facebook cover regularly keep your fans interested and engaged with images that tell stories about your business, such as:
- special events or promotions
- seasons or holidays
- special news and announcements
- team members and customers or supporters
tip: When you change your Facebook cover image, the new photo appears as a post in your newsfeed. Be sure to add a description, call to action, and other information you want anyone who sees your new FB cover image to know!
Facebook reigns as the overall most popular social media platform. Using Facebook pages to build your business is strategic and effective. The ROI on investing money and resources on Facebook makes it a very effective marketing channel for small businesses.
Book Your Free Consultation with Alchemy Communications
Good content drives traffic to your website, but how do you come up with fresh, interesting content for your blog and social media? The best way to make sure you always have new content is to create a content calendar:
A content calendar is a shareable resource that marketing teams can use to plan all content marketing activity. The benefit of using the calendar format, rather than just a long list of content to be published, is that you can visualize how your content is distributed throughout the year. This allows you to:
- plan content around key events in your industry or important dates;
- see where you have gaps in your content plan, with plenty of warning to line up more content;
- and make sure you have your content ready in plenty of time to publish.
Summer is right around the corner; if you're having problems filling your summer content calendar here are a few ideas to get you started.
5 Tips to Fill Your Summer Content Calendar
1. Google Summer Holidays
Google can be your best friend when you're looking for summer blog ideas or content to share with your followers:
- Father's Day gifts, projects or stories
- annual holidays such as Canada Day or 4th of July
- food holidays such as National Watermelon Day (Aug 3) or Food Day Canada (July 30)
- countdown calendars such as days until school starts, days until Christmas, days until
tip: Go to Twitter's search field to see what #s are trending.
2. Solve Your Customer's Problem
Bored kids of out school, graduations, going away parties, vacations, and the long dog days of summer are universal problems facing every family - including your customer's. Help your customers by sharing information that helps them manage their summer schedule:
- fun, free and family-friendly activities and events
- recipes for barbecues and pitch-ins
- vacation checklists
3. Share Your Summer Story
Is summer your busiest time of year, or does your business slow down during the summer months? Take your followers behind-the-scenes for a peek at what you are doing throughout the summer.
- your hobbies
- following the Olympics on TV
- summer travel plans
- a home remodeling project
tip: A picture tells 1000 words!
4. Create a Summer Campaign
If summer is your slow season, create a special summer campaign you've never offered before: try something new that will give people a reason to visit you!
- special promotions or products
- charity fundraisers for a cause you care about, but don't have time to support the rest of the year
5. Invite Guest Bloggers
Do you have a summer intern? A customer with a great story or project? A local charity you want to support? Invite them to provide you with guest blogs during the summer.
tip: Invite guest bloggers as soon as possible so they have time to plan and you get your content calendar planned in advance.
Alchemy’s free content marketing eBook will help you define and strategize your content and delivery plan so you always have a fresh content stream, and can plan ahead for seasonal business, special events, and busy seasons when you're just too busy to be developing fresh content.