Facebook Live is a new tool to add to your content marketing strategy and a great way to interact directly with your audience. With a little planning and practice, your 1st Facebook Live broadcast can reach a whole new audience to spread your message and build your business!
This online marketing audit takes only 5 minutes and can make a tremendous impact in helping potential customers find your business online and contact you.
Facebook business pages are the most popular way for small businesses and nonprofits to promote their business online and build a following:
With more than 1.65 billion monthly active users, Facebook is a major player in the world of social networking.
Businesses looking to market using Facebook have one major tool at their disposal: the Facebook Page.
You can't just create a Facebook page and hope people will find it. Strategic content marketing on Facebook will help your page get found, Liked and shared so you can grow your business.
3 Ways to Boost Engagement on Facebook
1. Facebook Ads
Competition is increasing on Facebook: you want your page's posts to be seen by your Facebook fans and to be found by new audiences.
Pay to Play is the guideline for Facebook: if you want your posts to be seen and to find new followers, there are two primary ways to advertise on Facebook
There are different types of Facebook ad campaigns that can be used for different marketing goals. Your ads can target a custom audience demographic such as age range, a particular geographic location or specific interests. You can also target audiences that are copies of another Facebook page's audience, called a lookalike audience.
- There are 9 basic Facebook ad campaign types, including page Likes, website visits, special offers and video views.
- Facebook Power Editor provides more in-depth ad campaign management than the basic Create Ads tool.
- Facebook ads can also be scheduled to run on Instagram (which is owned by Facebook).
tip: You can advertise on Facebook for as little as $1 per day.
If you post on Facebook you can pay to have that post promoted to your followers or to people who are NOT your followers, and specify your target audience.
- You have the option to pay for impressions or engagements: so you can opt to only pay when someone clicks on your boosted post.
- Boosts are fast and easy: if your credit card is already in the system and you've saved your target audience it literally takes one minute to boost a post. Caution: its so easy to boost, make sure you're strategically boosting your posts.
- Boosts show as Sponsored Story in the newsfeed.
tip: Boosts bring traffic to that post. If there is a link in your post, a boost can also promote that link.
Post Planner has some great tips on how to advertise on Facebook.
Photos used to be the best way to attract an audience on Facebook, but that is rapidly switching to video.
Facebook has passed YouTube as the most popular website
for businesses to share videos.
How you use videos on Facebook depends on your business and your target audience. Different types of audiences respond to different types of video content:
- upload casual videos from your smart phone announcing your newest product, sharing important news or giving behind the scenes information on your business or cause
- use Facebook Live which offers live streaming video in your Facebook newsfeed: great for broadcasting live videos right from your smartphone; Facebook Live is great for Q&A, product demonstrations
- share videos from other sources that your followers and target audience will like: just be sure to link to or credit your source!
3. Switch Up Your Cover Photos
Your Facebook cover photo is a great opportunity to promote your business or cause. Make the most of the first impressions your visitors get when they go to your page.
Change your Facebook cover monthly. Using the same image for too long
is boring for people who visit your page.
~ Peg Fitzpatrick, Social Media Expert
Your followers get tired of seeing the same image every time they visit your Facebook page. Change your Facebook cover regularly keep your fans interested and engaged with images that tell stories about your business, such as:
- special events or promotions
- seasons or holidays
- special news and announcements
- team members and customers or supporters
tip: When you change your Facebook cover image, the new photo appears as a post in your newsfeed. Be sure to add a description, call to action, and other information you want anyone who sees your new FB cover image to know!
Facebook reigns as the overall most popular social media platform. Using Facebook pages to build your business is strategic and effective. The ROI on investing money and resources on Facebook makes it a very effective marketing channel for small businesses.
Book Your Free Consultation with Alchemy Communications