Our customizable press release template will help you tell your story and get it read and shared. Your goal in writing a press release is to tell your important news to the media and people who are interested in your business. Good press release writing skills will help your news get found, read and shared with people who care about your story.
10 quick SEO tips that will help attract visitors to your nonprofit's website.
Good content drives traffic to your website, but how do you come up with fresh, interesting content for your blog and social media? The best way to make sure you always have new content is to create a content calendar:
A content calendar is a shareable resource that marketing teams can use to plan all content marketing activity. The benefit of using the calendar format, rather than just a long list of content to be published, is that you can visualize how your content is distributed throughout the year. This allows you to:
- plan content around key events in your industry or important dates;
- see where you have gaps in your content plan, with plenty of warning to line up more content;
- and make sure you have your content ready in plenty of time to publish.
Summer is right around the corner; if you're having problems filling your summer content calendar here are a few ideas to get you started.
5 Tips to Fill Your Summer Content Calendar
1. Google Summer Holidays
Google can be your best friend when you're looking for summer blog ideas or content to share with your followers:
- Father's Day gifts, projects or stories
- annual holidays such as Canada Day or 4th of July
- food holidays such as National Watermelon Day (Aug 3) or Food Day Canada (July 30)
- countdown calendars such as days until school starts, days until Christmas, days until
tip: Go to Twitter's search field to see what #s are trending.
2. Solve Your Customer's Problem
Bored kids of out school, graduations, going away parties, vacations, and the long dog days of summer are universal problems facing every family - including your customer's. Help your customers by sharing information that helps them manage their summer schedule:
- fun, free and family-friendly activities and events
- recipes for barbecues and pitch-ins
- vacation checklists
3. Share Your Summer Story
Is summer your busiest time of year, or does your business slow down during the summer months? Take your followers behind-the-scenes for a peek at what you are doing throughout the summer.
- your hobbies
- following the Olympics on TV
- summer travel plans
- a home remodeling project
tip: A picture tells 1000 words!
4. Create a Summer Campaign
If summer is your slow season, create a special summer campaign you've never offered before: try something new that will give people a reason to visit you!
- special promotions or products
- charity fundraisers for a cause you care about, but don't have time to support the rest of the year
5. Invite Guest Bloggers
Do you have a summer intern? A customer with a great story or project? A local charity you want to support? Invite them to provide you with guest blogs during the summer.
tip: Invite guest bloggers as soon as possible so they have time to plan and you get your content calendar planned in advance.
Alchemy’s free content marketing eBook will help you define and strategize your content and delivery plan so you always have a fresh content stream, and can plan ahead for seasonal business, special events, and busy seasons when you're just too busy to be developing fresh content.